According to the World Health Organization, there are around 284 million visually impaired people in the world. Of that 284 million, 39 million are reported to be blind and 245 million have low vision. On a brighter note in the last 20 years there has been a decrease in the amount of people visually impaired from infectious diseases, and 80% of all visual impairment can either be cured or avoided.
The Four Types
Moderate Vision Impairment
Severe Vision Impairment
These are the four different levels of vision impairment, started at normal vision and ending at blindness. Moderate and severe vision impairment can be put into the same category as “low vision”.
Design Brief Solution
- No events to show
Recent Blog Posts
Latest Tech News
- White Nexus 7 Now On Sale in US, UK Google Play Stores - Tom's Hardware Guide
- 200000 people apply to live on Mars - CNN International
- Coldest spot on Earth identified by satellite - BBC News
- NY official pushes 'kill switch' for cellphones - Wall Street Journal
- Report: Ubuntu smartphones are on the way - TG Daily